The Women in Poker Hall of Fame (WiPHoF) announced that their nominations were opened until March 15th. To nominate, simply go to the WiPHoF website and follow the directions HERE
Nominations must meet the following criteria:
- A candidate must have been active as a player or industry leader for a minimum of 10 years prior to election and 35 yrs of age or older.
- Player/industry leader must have contributed to the world of poker in some significant way. This person can qualify by either winning major poker tournaments, or by making significant contributions to the industry of poker.
- Player/industry leader must be a proponent of women in poker.
- All nominees must be approved by a committee of the WiPHoF Committee and the Inductees.
- Nominees must agree to terms & conditions of the Women in Poker Hall of Fame
About the WiPHoF
The Women in Poker Hall of Fame is designed to honor women in poker who have acquired prominence and have made contributions to the poker world. The Hall, with its charter induction in 2008, also recognizes other friends of Women in Poker Hall of Fame who have contributed significantly to women in poker.
Our goal is not only to honor these wonderful women, but to contribute to causes that benefit the community as well. With that vision in mind, WiPHOF is proud to partner with Poker Gives as our charity of choice.
Poker Gives is a charity organization whose mission is to provide financial aid and humanitarian efforts to military families and homeless vets through support from the poker industry. Collectively this industry and the players have an opportunity to actually make a difference and to create a better world by providing a variety of social services to those in need.
Volunteers are always welcomed to assist the WiPHoF